How It Works - Clone Internal Hard Drive
Clone Internal Hard Drive. Would like to replace your old disk?
. Want to upgrade to a larger disk?
In this article, you will see how to perform the hard drive clone and adjust the partition layout on target drive with a few clicks.
Key Features that help you to clone/copy internal hard drive:
1. High speed cloning, save your time. Up to 2000MB/min, ignore unused disk space, high performance data copy algorithm.
2. Partition layout Adjustment. If you want to copy your hard drive content to a new one. Disk Partition Resizing helps you to resize the partitions on your new hard drive to make full use of the rest space. You can also convert the free space to be a partition.
3. Clone failed Hard drive using Rescue CD. If your system is crashed or failed, you can use the Rescue CD to transfer all the data in your system drive to another place before repairing/reinstalling your system. (Screenshots: 1, 2, 3)
4. Support Volume Shadow Copy(VSS). No need to burn a bootable CD to clone system. You can copy the whole system while browsing the webpages.
5. Copy everything to new hard drive. Including boot record, windows/linux, all programs, passwords, user preferences, settings, address books, bookmarks, phone records, all documents, all drivers, pictures, musics ...
1. Connect new hard drive to your computer: If you want to clone to a new internal hard drive, you should install the hard drive to your computer firstly. Please refer to your hard drive or computer manual to find out the instructions. ( Install IDE hard drive , Install SATA hard drive )
Note: If you would like to clone the old hard drive in your old laptop to the hard drive in your new laptop, you can click here to get more.
If your target hard drive is a new hard drive without initialization, you do not have to initialize or partition the target drive yourself. MagicCute Data Backup will do all the things for you, including initializing the target hard drive (write disk sign), build partitions on target hard drive base on the partition layout in source hard drive.
Step by Step Flash Demo:
(Note: It may take a while to load the Flash Demo, please do not close the page.)
DO NOT run a lot of programs while cloning the system drive. Running a lot of programs will slow down the clone speed remarkably.
Copy all valuable data in your target drive to a safe place. The cloning process will overwritten all the data in target drive.
>> Install IDE hard drive
>> Install SATA hard drive
>> Partition a hard drive in Windows
What others say: